1. The illness I live with is: Lupus
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 2010
3. But I had symptoms since: I was around 10 or 11 years old.
4. The biggest adjustment I've had to make is: allowing myself to rest and not feel guilty
5. Most people assume: That its not a very serious illness
6. The hardest part about mornings are: Just getting up and moving
7. My favorite medical TV show is: HOUSE
8. A gadget I couldn't live without is: my computer
9. The hardest part about nights are: wondering what symptoms/challenges I will face the next day
10. Each day I take __ pills & vitamins. (No comments, please) 10 prescription pills/ no vitamins
11. Regarding alternative treatments I: would be interested in yoga, meditation, accupuncture
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: ridiculous question..this is what I have I will deal with it.
13. Regarding working and career: I am not working right now
14. People would be surprised to know: how destructive lupus can be
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: adjusting to taking medications every single day
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: haven't figured this one out yet
17. The commercials about my illness: I heard there had been a commercial recently , haven't actually seen one yet.
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: I dunno.
19. It was really hard to have to give up: life as I knew it
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: haven't yet but would like to learn more card games maybe join a club
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: spend a day with my boys doing whatever they wanted
22. My illness has taught me: to take care of me, and listen to what my body tells me to do or not do.
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: it could be worse , because yes it could be, we hope it wont.
24. The harshest moment: Telling my sister I had Lupus and realizing she could care less.
25. The part that makes me happiest: when people are truly supportive.
26. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: don't reject...just accept..its already happened ..now learn to cope.
27. When someone is diagnosed I'd like to tell them: learn as much as you can, take your medications, listen to you body.
28. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: I am LIVING with an ilness :)
29. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn't feeling well was: just showed they cared and tried to make me feel better
30. I'm involved with Invisible Illness Week because: it's important
31. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: worth while